Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Miss Diamond Lakes 2014

Wow! What a true honor. I remember competing in this preliminary my first year in the organization and thinking that I would love the opportunity to work with the directors and be Miss Diamond Lakes one day. This is my final year competing in the Miss Arkansas System and I couldn't be more excited to return to the Miss Arkansas stage as Miss Diamond Lakes 2014.

The Miss Diamond Lakes Pageant took place on February 1 at Henderson State University in Arkadelphia.

I had a huge decision to make upon entering this pageant. As the owner of The Studio By Lauren and choreographer/teacher for the competition team, entering this pageant meant I would miss my dance students group dances during their first competition of the season. They would be in Rogers competing at Masquerade Dance Competition. I discussed the situation with my students and their parents. All of them know becoming Miss Arkansas is a huge goal and dream of mine. Many of my students have watched me in the system and few have even begun competing themselves. They were all very supportive and told me they would be fine at the competition without me.


This did make for a busy weekend, but as planned I drove to Arkadelphia Friday night, competed Saturday and after the pageant that night I drove to Rogers to be with my students on Sunday for the solo competition.

I was so happy to win overall interview, overall evening gown and be crowned MISS DIAMOND LAKES 2014! I was also so proud of my new teen queen, Aubrey Reed. I have always thought this young lady is absolutely precious and can not be more excited to spend the year with her! She is a true inspiration and role model to all.


 I have an amazing support group behind me and am very excited to work with this amazing board of directors this year. I can not say enough wonderful things about them, and I can not wait to see what my journey to Miss Arkansas brings.


No comments:

Post a Comment