Wednesday, February 26, 2014

My First Appearance as Miss Diamond Lakes... Oakland Heights Elementary

I was crowned during the perfect month to keep spreading my platform. February is National Dental Health month. I was proud to make my first presentation as Miss Diamond Lakes to the Oakland Heights Elementary Preschool in Russellville.

I spoke to 80 preschoolers in 2 groups of 40. We read a book about the lion who wouldn't brush his teeth and talked about how important it is to take care of our mouth.


The students loved their dental kits and even taught me a few things. I had one student inform me that to make your teeth straight the dentist puts bracelets on them. This absolutely made my day and I loved seeing the children's beautiful smiles.


Thank you so much to the teachers at Oakland Heights Elementary and Preschool for sharing your precious students with me.




No comments:

Post a Comment