Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Speaking to the Grant County Retired Teachers Association

On February 18, I was so honored to be invited as the guest speaker at the Grant County Retired Teachers Association. I began by telling the members about my involvement and history within the Miss Arkansas Organization. I talked about the importance of scholarship and shared that I had won close to $30,000 in just the past year. The Miss America Organization is the number one provider of scholarship for young women. The audience seemed very interested in this fact.


I discussed the Miss America partnership with Children's Miracle Network and what that meant to me. As I talked about what I have gained from competing I began to share my platform. When I speak about my platform in schools I focus on dental care and providing students with what they need. I loved  being able to share more about the Good Shepherd Children's Home in Honduras and Operation Smile.


I have such a heart for this area of my platform and really enjoyed sharing it. The audience really enjoyed learning more about my journey and what the Miss Arkansas Organization is. Many came to me after with questions and very eager to learn more.

Thank you for having me! I enjoyed my time and hope to return soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment