Sunday, June 30, 2013

Miss Arkansas Weekend of FUN!

May 18-20 was an eventful weekend for the Miss Arkansas contestants. The weekend began with the Tony Bowls photo shoot, which was an absolute blast! It is one of the events that I most look forward to each year. Upon arrival, I had my hair and makeup done by the fabulous Lauren Colclasure and Joel Green. Tony Bowls himself then picked out a beautiful light turquoise dress for me to wear for the shoot! Once I was ready it was time to feel like a super model for a day! Jason Masters captured wonderful photos. The Miss Arkansas organization is so blessed to have such wonderful volunteers and sponsors. Tony Bowls is a true blessing to the organization. Laine Berry was another wonderful asset for the event. She was there to help each contestant work it and feel confident.

                        (Check out my post below for my Tony Bowls photo that you can vote on!)


On Sunday we had the contestant meeting and lottery. We turned in paperwork, heard from numerous sponsors, received important information and decided on our placement for the pageant. I am spot B29, which is the next to last spot in group B. This means that the week of the pageant I will compete in evening gown Wednesday, talent on Thursday, and swimsuit on Friday. Saturday night the top 10 contestants will be announced and compete again in all phases for the title of Miss Arkansas. My personal interview with the judges will take place on Tuesday that week. I am so excited for the week of Miss Arkansas (July 14-20).

 
Monday was another busy day. The group I was in started out at the Miss Arkansas Scholarship Golf Tournament. We were able to take sponsor photos, visit with the golfers, drive them to warm up, and have lunch. After lunch we headed to Arkansas Children's Hospital. We took a tour of the hospital, make birthday and congratulations cards, and sorted crayons into bags. It was such an amazing experience to get to see what the money raised through Children's Miracle Network is doing!





No comments:

Post a Comment